Thank you to Priscilla, Linda, Maria, Ellie, Ashleigh, Miki, Debbie, Adela, Denise, Jill, and Carole for consistently reading my blog entries over the last year. For anyone else who takes time to read what is on my heart, I appreciate you! For this is a place where I express who I am and what is important to me.
For most of my life I have kept my thoughts to myself by thinking I don’t have much to say that has not already been said. Although I still believe this, now I share the things I ponder in this blog. Even though in conversations, I am reluctant to talk a lot about myself, I find I enjoy processing my thoughts though writing.
Maybe we are all like this – icebergs- in the sense where only 10% is exposed and the other 90% dwells beneath the surface. I want to be known and perhaps because I realize I am keenly known and deeply loved by Jesus, I have courage to publish my words and expose my struggles. I want others to fall more in love with Jesus as we follow in His footsteps together.
Recently I was challenged to come up with a purpose statement which I had no intention of writing because I thought, “My life is the Lord’s and He can choose for me anything He determines best.” However, after reflecting on John 1, I decided upon this:
To know the Living Word (Jesus) thought his written Word (the Bible) so my life becomes a picture of the Word expressed in order that others may also long to know and be transformed by the Word of God.
I am so grateful for each of you and your encouragement to keep writing and for the privilege of sharing life with you. Love, Lynn
One thought on “Dear Friends…”
I love your mission statement’s focus on faith relationships.
Thank you for sharing!